Sunday, October 28, 2012

PUG REVIEW: STARDOC BY S.L.VIEHL

STARDOC (STARDOC #1) BY S.L.VIEHL
                                                                                BLURB:
Stardoc (Stardoc, #1)Dr. Cherijo Grey Veil leaves Earth and accepts a position as a physician at Kevarzanga-2's Free Clinic. Her surgical skills are desperately needed on a hostile frontier world with over 200 sentient species--and her understanding of alien physiology is nothing short of miraculous. But the truth behind her expertise is a secret which, if discovered, could have disastrous consequences between human and alien relations...



  • GENRE: Fantasy, Sc-Fi, Space Opera
  • PAGES: 394
  • CHAPTERS: 20
Published January 1st 2000 by Roc

PAW RATING:

KEYWORDS: Romance, Aliens, Hospital, War, Death, Doctors/Nurses

IN SHORT: A good start with plenty of action and interesting medical cases.

Ginny's(The Pug) Review:


StarDoc is my first book by S.L. Viehl and one of the few space opera books I have read, I did enjoy this book though at time it appeared a bit disconnected in places and a tad flat, I would recommend giving this book a chance as the characters are enjoyable and the idea is interesting and surprising.

We are taken on a medical emergency journey with S.L.Viehl’s character  Dr. Cherijo Grey Veil as she battles a possessive father, unknown alien illnesses and galaxy war, all while trying to be the best alien doctor.  This book is action packed and I found the medical side of the book interesting and I found as I kept turning the pages that I couldn’t wait to find out what case she would have to deal with next, I loved all the different alien species S.L.Viehl came up with.

The characters themselves were mainly 3D thought sometimes their responses or action fell a little flat but I could forgive this due to their colorful personalities, I also fell head over heel for some characters and their situation and found myself saddened by some of the characters conclusions.
This book has a great concept and some shocking revelations that will leave the audience gasping out in surprise, this book remind me of an out this wold Holby city.  This book should be tried at least once.

OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES:
Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2)Endurance (Stardoc, #3)http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309288702l/664641.jpghttp://photo.goodreads.com/books/1309212088l/207777.jpg
Plague of Memory (Stardoc, #7)Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)Crystal Healer (Stardoc, #9)Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10)

I hope you have enjoyed my latest review, please come back soon.
Ginny
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment