Thursday, August 02, 2012

FIRST EVER PUG INTERVIEW WITH CASSIE ALEXANDER

Today is my first ever pug interview! so I'd like you all to give a big pug clap and tail wag to our first guest, Cassie Alexander!

Cassie Alexander Debut novel nightshifted was published on May 22nd 2012 by St. Martin's Press.
Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1)                                                   
                          BLURB:
 From debut author Cassie Alexander comes a spectacular new urban fantasy series where working the nightshift can be a real nightmare.

Nursing school prepared Edie Spence for a lot of things. Burn victims? No problem. Severed limbs? Piece of cake. Vampires? No way in hell. But as the newest nurse on Y4, the secret ward hidden in the bowels of County Hospital, Edie has her hands full with every paranormal patient you can imagine—from vamps and were-things to zombies and beyond...

Edie’s just trying to learn the ropes so she can get through her latest shift unscathed.  But when a vampire servant turns to dust under her watch, all hell breaks loose. Now she’s haunted by the man’s dying words—Save Anna—and before she knows it, she’s on a mission to rescue some poor girl from the undead. Which involves crashing a vampire den, falling for a zombie, and fighting for her soul. Grey’s Anatomy was never like this.


 
Welcome Cassie to Pugs Story Corner :) 


1 )Although you must get asked this all the time but what inspired you to write this type of genre?

Hmm. That's actually a good question! Prior to Nightshifted, I'd written a bunch of science fiction and fantasy novels. I think because it was such a voicy story, I wanted to tell it in first person, and so urban fantasy was perfect.

2) Goodreads tell us your a nurse, what type of nursing do you do? have you ever had a day like Edie, if so will us tell us about it?

I try to stay vague about identifying where I work online. (Even though my coworkers know I write.) It's a two way street, I don't really want my patients to know, and I think they deserve to not worry about ever being written about, you know? I think people would feel weird if they found out that their doctor was secretly Stephen King, and wonder if they were that person in his books who sneezed that one time ;).

I have had several very no good bad nursing days though. You can't get your medication on time, your patient has weird complications, you can't find a vein, all their lab numbers are off, your doctor's not answering his pager, the emergency department's shouting at you to take-this-patient-upstairs-or-else, and you know why, because they've got an major trauma coming in....

Usually not everything goes bad at once though. And if they do, I'm very lucky to work with an awesome team, we're very good at bailing everyone else out.


3) If you could meet any of your characters for a day, who would you choose and why?

Ha! Um. This is also hard!

I would not want to meet a vampire, or Ti. I think Gina would be fun to hang out with, or Meaty :D. I'd love to follow Meaty around a nursing station. 

4) who at the moment if your favorite author?

The Night Watch (Watch, #1)Currently my favorite author is Sergei Lukyanenko -- I love his Night Watch series, and now that I've turned my books in, I'm safe to read it again :D.








And before we tail wag good bye to you Cassie; 
what is a typical day in the life of Cassie Alexander? does it involve cheese, i love cheese but my owner doesn't give it me often, she says it doesn't help my natural aroma, i don't Know why.

Haha! It does often involve cheese. Goat cheese and gruyere. I like having cheese and crackers for breakfast. 

Thank you Cassie so much for your time and the goat cheese and gruyere sounds yummy! I cant wait to get my paws on moonshifted  which is expected to be published on November 27th 2012 by St. Martin's Press.

Moonshifted (Edie Spence, #2)check out Cassie's blog for more juicy bones to chew on :)















I hope you all enjoyed my first interview :) see you all soon!
Ginny
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment